Saturday 3 March 2012

Fatherhood

One of my growing corcerns in life is how I will cope with being a father.

This is not because I dislike the idea or children, but because I am terrified of letting my children down.

The comedian Ed Byrne commented on how people say "children don't come with instructions". Ed said this was a pointless observation and that you could simply buy one, for like £8! :)

Still there is more to parenting then following instructions in a book. The question for me is:

How do you mold someone in your own image whilst letting them freely become themself?

For me, it drives me insane when I cannot understand "the why" behind something. This is the essence of children though. They are born without morals or logic. Even as they grow up they remain irrational and emotional beings.

In spite of all this, I am intrigued and almost excited by the idea. Children have infinite potential and I look forward to seeing what they do with the world of tomorrow...

I just hope I don't screw mine up ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment